This error message occurs when you either haven't been enabled for the symbol OR enabled for historical data for the symbol by your broker. Sometimes this occurs if you haven't logged in in a while and the symbol on the chart is expired.
Confirm the following before attempting the resolution.
- Is the green indicator in upper right appearing to show connection?
If it is not green then you are not connected to the order routing system. Try refreshing the app using the browser refresh button.
- Do you see live data for the symbol on a DOM or trade ticker?
You should see live data at the very least. If not, your broker hasn't enabled your login for historical data. Contact your broker and ask them to enable historical data for you trading ID.
- Does changing interval on the chart make a difference? Try 1 minute.
If so, the chart was requesting too much data.
- Does changing the symbol make a difference?
Try a symbol you know you are entitled to view data for.
- If using a new demo account, try refreshing the app after waiting a few minutes by clicking the browser reload button.
Contact your broker and verify the following:
- You are indeed enabled for the symbols you are trying to
- You are enabled for historical data.